The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
The Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics invites you to participate in the 9th International conference 'Industrial Organization and Spatial Economics'.
Submission deadline: February 15, 2020
The Higher School of Economics holds a leading position among all the Russian universities and research units in the Research Papers in Economics (RePEc) rating based on the citation index of economists from almost eight thousand universities all over the world. The second top position is shared by our Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics, NES, the St. Petersburg HSE campus, and the Faculty of Economic Sciences of the Moscow HSE. Our colleagues Jacques-Francois Thisse, Sergey Kokovin and Philip Ushchev are among the top 10 researchers-economists affiliated with Russian universities.
We owe most cordial congratulations to our colleagues and wish them further successful publications in leading international journals!
We are happy to congratulate our Center's research assistants, Daria Tabashnikova (4th-year student of the bachelor's programme in ‘Economics’, HSE) and Nikolay Telyatnikov (4th-year student of the bachelor's programme in ‘Economics’, HSE - St Petersburg) on becoming the laureates of the main annual university award Golden HSE 2019