The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
We are happy to have Kiminori Matsuyama (Northwestern University) at our Center from Sept 16 to Oct 01. During his stay, Kiminori will present his new paper "Reconsidering the Market Size Effect in Innovation and Growth" (joint with Mathieu Parenti, ULB, and Hélène Latzer, Sorbonne) at the Saint Petersburg seminar in economic theory, econometrics, and mathematical economics.
Date & Time: September, 26, 18:00.
Venue: Institute of Mathematics, Russian Academy of Science, the Marble Hall.
Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics invites young researchers with a Ph.D. (or a candidate of sciences degree) to apply for the position of Research Fellow.
Applications are accepted until February 15th, 2019.