The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
Research Assistant of CMSSE Kharis Sokolov has been accepted to the PhD in Economics program at the University of Pennsylvania.
The paper "Industry location and wages: The role of market size and accessibility in trading networks" by the Academic advisor of CMSSE Kristian Behrens, co-authored with Javier Barbero and José Zofio, has been accepted for publication at the "Regional Science and Urban Economics" journal.