The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
On Friday our research assistants are presenting their thesis results online, via Zoom.
Those who want to join the seminar can send a request to email@example.com (preferably from corp.email)
Date & time: Jun 5, 2020; 16:20-18:25, Moscow time.
On May 21 at 18:00 Giuseppe Arbia (Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore) will present the report “On spatial regression models estimated using crowdsourcing, web-scraping or other unconventionally collected Big Data”. The seminar will be held via Zoom. To get access, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate your name and occupation).
Paper by CMSSE leading research fellows Kristian Behrens and Yasusada Murata accepted for publication to the The Quarterly Journal of Economics
Our colleagues' Kristian Behrens' and Yasusada Murata's paper "Quantifying the gap between equilibrium and optimum under monopolistic competition" (joint with G. Mion and J. Suedekum) has been accepted to The Quarterly Journal of Economics. Congratulations!