The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
MSSE research assistant Shamil Sharapudinov, a 2nd year student of the Master in Economics program at the Saint Petersburg School of Economics and Management has been awarded a "Golden HSE" in the "Silver Nestling" nomination for outstanding academic and research acheivements and a proactive attitude.
Paper by MSSE academic advisor Kristian Behrens and leading research fellow Yasusada Murata "Spatial Frictions" (co-authored with Giordano Mion from University of Sussex/LSE and Jens Suedekum from Henrich Heine University) has been accepted for publication at the Journal of Urban Economics.