The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
The HSE Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics (CMSSE) in St. Petersburg and Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of International Economics, Regional Studies, and Industrial Organization.
On Friday, December 11, Fedor Slepov (Academic Supervisor - Sergey G. Kokovin) will give a presentation on 'The existence of equilibrium in the Krugman trade model' at our online research seminar.
Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics invites you to participate in the The Third International Seminar “Market Studies and Spatial Economics” that will take place in Moscow, Russia on April 15–16, 2021 as part of the XXII April International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development (HSE).