The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
CMSSE is happy to invite everyone to the research seminar where Andrey Stoyanov (York University) is presenting "Female Labor Supply and Foreign Trade" (joint with Ke Gu).Date & Time: Thursday, September 16, 2021, 15:00-16:00.Venue: St. Petersburg, Kantemirovskaya st., 3a, 5th floor, Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics
Today, July 29, "Urban Economics" workshop starts (organizer -- Prof. Edward Glaeser from Harward University, one on the leading scientists on urban economics). The workshop is held within NBER 2021 Summer Institute conference. At the workshop, our scientific advisor Jacques Thisse will present his paper "A Unified Theory of Cities" (joint with Matthew Turner and Phillip Ushchev), date: July, 30, Friday, 17:30-19:30, Moscow time. The conference will be live streamed: https://www.nber.org/conferences/si-2021-urban-economicsEverybody is welcome!
Registration for the Third International Workshop 'Market Studies and Spatial Economics' is now closed.
Please contact the workshop organizers by e-mail if you have any questions: email@example.com (CC Anna Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org), CMSSE manager)