Program for postgraduate students at MSSE
We are looking for young promising scholars with aspirations for an academic carrier.
The main requirements are:
- Strong motivation for outstanding research in the areas of imperfect market theory, international trade, regional and urban economics;
- Excellent mathematical background (calculus, optimization and probability theory, and statistics);
- English language skills (at least upper-intermediate level).
- Enrollment in the HSE postgraduate program 08.00.13 "Mathematical and Instrumental Methods in Economics" based on international standards for PhD programs;
- Opportunity to work with a foreign co-supervisor of the PhD thesis;
- Research assistant position at the Center (dormitory available for applicants who reside outside of St. Petersburg);
- Involvement in ongoing Center research projects;
- Opportunity to participate in international Summer Schools, present research results at leading international conferences, as well as discuss research projects with Center members and visitors of the Center as well as conduct joint research projects with Center memebers.
The most promising candidates will be eligible for the HSE academic scholarship.
- Sergey Kichko, director of the Center;
- Sergey Kokovin, leading research fellow of the Center;
- Philip Ushchev, leading research fellow of the Center.
Please find detailed information on formal rules of HSE postgraduate program, including list of required documents, exam dates, admission procedure etc. here.
To apply for the program within the first wave, please submit your CV (including at least two references with contact information and autobiography) and a motivation letter (in English, up to 1 000 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February, 25th, 2018.
After an initial screening, the Center will contact potentially successful candidates to discuss their research plans and match with academic supervisors. Then, the Center will refer selected candidates to the formal application procedure of HSE. The first wave deadline for submitting the HSE applicationt is March, 15th, 2018.
For any additional information please contact Sergey Kichko (email@example.com).
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!