The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
The paper “The World in not yet Flat: Transport costs matter!” by the academic advisor of CMSSE Kristian Behrens co-authored with W. Mark Brown и Théophile Bougna is forthcoming in Review of Economics and Statistics.
Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics invites young economists with a PhD and PhD students expecting to graduate in the 2017/2018 academic year to apply for postdoctoral positions.
Application deadline is February 15th, 2018.