The research Center aims at obtaining meaningful results in economic theory and empirical research.
The research is based on a new class of models of market systems with free entry.
Our main goals
- the study of new possibilities of the monopolistically competitive markets under removal of restrictions on the constant elasticity of substitution between goods in consumption;
- extended analysis of the model of monopolistically competitive markets by including it in models of endogenous growth and multi-product output;
- study of the nature of asymmetric solutions agglomeration model of core-periphery type;
- empirical study of Russian interregional and international trade accounting for heterogenity of firms, sectors and trade flows;
- development and testing of computable general equilibrium models in the regions.
The paper "Input-output linkages and optimal product diversity" by MSSE director Sergey Kichko has been accepted for publication at Economics Letters.
The paper "Market size, occupational self-selection, sorting, and income inequality" by MSSE academic advisor Kristian Behrens co-authored with MSSE associated researchers Dmitry Pokrovsky (HSE - Saint Petersburg) and Evgeny Zhelobodko has been accepted for publication and the Journal of Regional Science.