Postdoctoral Fellow in market studies and spatial economics
The HSE Center for Market Studies and Spatial Economics in St. Petersburg, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of International Economics, Regional Studies, and Industrial Organization.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of International Economics, Regional Studies, Industrial Organization, or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in economic modeling or econometrics;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Kristian Behrens and/or Jacques-François Thisse;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on CMSSE research projects such as:
o International Economics
o Regional Studies
o Industrial Organization
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of CMSSE;
- participation in the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The application deadline is January 31, 2022.
Please find more details on the website: https://iri.hse.ru/ru/pd2223_ms_se
We would appreciate it if you could circulate this among your colleagues.